The brilliant folk at Chaos Group have announced the release of the latest version of VRay – 1.5SP4. VRay is the rendering engine that we use to produce the stunning 3D visuals that you see in our work.
It includes several modified features:
– Improved multithreading on multi-core machines;
– Ability to specify gizmo falloff for VRayEnvironmentFog;
– Ability to use arbitrary meshes as gizmos for VRayEnvironmentFog;
– Option to exclude the background from VRayEnvironmentFog;
– Added CIE sky models to the VRaySun and VRaySky;
– It is now possible to submit DR servers list for DR through backburner;
– Added option to not use area speculars in the VRayIES light;
– Added Kelvin temperature settings for the color of VRayLights;
– VFB history is now turned off when 3ds Max is in slave mode;
– Output .vrimg and split channel paths are listed in the Asset Tracker;
– GI cache files (irradiance maps, light cache etc) are listed in the Asset Tracker.
+ Chaos Group